So what is a phi-connect?
Phi-connect is a wire/cable management system for Arduino. It passes all Arduino connections to a breadboard with one cable. You can connect your Arduino to a project with just one step. Forget about reconnecting dozens of jumper wires! You can switch from one project to another project in 3 seconds. How can you do that if you used jumper wires. You will also be able to mount phi-connect inside your project box. When you need your Arduino back, unplug it. You leave $4 worth of board inside your project box and reuse the rest on a new project. Anytime you miss you old project, plugging Arduino back in takes 3 second. Once the Arduino is plugged back in, your project springs into life!
The special features of phi-connect:
- Passes all Arduino pins to the breakout board to be plugged into breadboards or soldered inside a project box.
- Two places with 5V/GND pins directly plugs into power buses to power the breadboard and improves mechanical strength.
- Two strips of connections 5V/GND helps you connect sensors and motors in your project box
- Mounting holes help you secure the board in a project box
- Mechanical key on the cable prevents mistakes when inserting the cable.
- The stackable version can be stacked below any arduino shield, benefiting from shield function and breadboard freedom with seamless connections.
Where to buy:
Pictures and videos
Here is a slide show of pictures, assembling the phi-connect and using it.
You can easily switch from one project to another without reconnect dozens of wires:
Breakout board version 1.9 (compatible with original version):
Two projects are on the breadboard, right being a sonic ranger sensor project in its infancy, left being an alarm clock project. Both have a breakout board (two thin boards on top). I can connect to either project with phi-connect.
Left image shows the dot matrix LCD is running test code for sonic ranger. Right image shows the character LCD is running alarm clock project (with two buttons). No need to reconnect jumper wires when switching between projects, no messy wires.
How to assemble the kit:
Here is an instructable on how to assemble the kit.
Video of switching between two projects:
Do you want to contribute pictures?
I will be more than willing to include your project pictures before and after using phi-connect in my manual if you send me some.